The CUSP Symposium scheduled for October 16, 2021 will be postponed to June 4, 2022 at Hyatt Regency Boston / Cambridge due to safety precautions. We look forward to finally getting together in person.
Dr. Gerard Chiche -Ponte Vedra, FL Esthetic Full Mouth Rehabilitation: 40-years’ Experience and Perspective
This presentation will outline the simultaneous management of the most relevant esthetic and risk factors in a step-by-step method to maximize success of ceramic materials in esthetic rehabilitations. A long-term perspective on interdisciplinary esthetic planning and its impact on gingival management, the most decisive criteria for VDO decision and the sequencing of full rehabilitations will be discussed. Final materials decision will be analyzed on the basis of esthetics rendition and strength properties according to the state of attrition, the severity of the malocclusion, and the cause of tooth wear.
Dr. Chiche is Clinical Professor at Augusta University, Dental College of Georgia and formerly Thomas P. Hinman Endowed Professor in Restorative Dentistry, and Director of the Augusta University Center for Esthetic & Implant Dentistry. He is Past President of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, and a member of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry. He has given over 1,000 programs in Esthetic Dentistry nationally and internationally in 35 countries and he is the author of: “Esthetics of Anterior Fixed Restorations” with Alain Pinault, and “Smile Design” with Hitoshi Aoshima, both published by Quintessence co. Emeritus Professor at Louisiana State University, in 2009, he became the first recipient of the Endowed Chair sponsored by the Thomas P. Hinman Dental Society. He is recipient of the 2020 Icon Award for Lifetime Achievement in Dentistry by the Seattle Study Club.
Dr. Markus Blatz – Philadelphia, PA The ‘New Normal’ in Digital Dentistry: Intra-Oral Scanner (IOS), Chair Side Systems, Materials, and Bonding
The recent evolution in CAD/CAM and ceramic technologies offers a whole new range of esthetic, less invasive, and long-lasting treatment options. However, many questions persist: What is “the digital workflow” and how to get started with intraoral scanning and other tools? How to select the best materials considering the large variety of ceramics available today? What cements or bonding protocols should I use for the different ceramics to avoid failures? Is all zirconia the same? Can I bond to zirconia and make resin-bonded bridges? And where is the scientific evidence on all these topics?
This presentation will answer such questions and provide an update on esthetic treatment options with CAD/CAM ceramics.
• Learning objectives
• Differentiate modern ceramic materials and their indications
• Learn about CAD/CAM technologies, digital workflows, and intraoral scanning
• Understand strategies for success with ceramic restorations based on their specific properties
• Comprehend clinical guidelines for long-lasting esthetic CAD/CAM restorations
Dr. Blatz is Professor of Restorative Dentistry, Chairman of the Department of Preventive and Restorative Sciences, and Assistant Dean for Digital Innovation and Professional Development at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he founded the Penn Dental Medicine CAD/CAM Ceramic Center. Dr. Blatz is co-founder and Past President of the International Academy for Adhesive Dentistry (IAAD) and a founding member of the European Academy of Digital Dentistry (EADD). He is a board-certified Diplomat in the German Society for Prosthodontics and Biomaterials (DGPro) and a member of multiple other professional organizations, including the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, the European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, the International College of Prosthodontists, the American College of Prosthodontists (honorary member), Academy of Osseointegration, and O.K.U. Honor Dental Society.
Moderator - Aki Yoshida, RDT - Weston, MA
12:00pm – 1:00pm - Registration and Lunch
1:00pm – 1:15pm - Opening Remarks / Kimiyo Sawyer
1:15pm – 2:15pm - Dr. Markus Blatz - Philadelphia, PA “The ‘New Normal’ in Digital Dentistry: Intra-Oral Scanners (IDS), Chair Side Systems, Materials, and Bonding”
2:15pm – 2:30pm - Coffee Break
2:30pm – 4:00pm - Dr. Gerard Chiche - Ponte Vedra, FL “Esthetic Full Mouth Rehabilitation: 40-year Perspective and Experience”
4:00pm – 5:00pm - Closing Remarks / Aki Yoshida and Kimiyo Sawyer
5:00 pm – Cocktail Reception
Tuition: Total 2.5 CE Credits
|Early Bird Ends 9/10||Full Price Starts 9/11|
Price includes Lunch and Cocktail Reception.
2021 - 2022 Events
- April 30 – May 1 Attending Virtual ACP Digital Symposium (Kajita)
- October 23 Attending LMT LAB DAY East (Kajita)
- October 27 -30 Attending ACP Annual Meeting (Sawyer)
- November 12-13 Attending Virtual SCAD 2021 in Newport Beach, CA (Sawyer)
- Date TBD: Attending Virtual Kuraray Noritake Symposium (Sawyer)
- January 27-29, 2022 Exhibiting Yankee Dental Congress in Boston (Sawyer)
- February 24-25, 2022 Attending Cal Lab 2022 in Chicago (Kajita/Sawyer)
- February 25-26, 2022 Exhibiting at AAFP in Chicago (Sawyer)
- February 25-26, 2022 Attending LMT LAB DAY Chicago (Kajita)
- June 4, 2022 Cusp Symposium at Hyatt Regency Boston/Cambridge
- January 30-February 1: Exhibiting Yankee Dental Congress in Boston MA (Sawyer)
- February 5-8: Attending Seattle Study Club Annual Symposium in Scottsdale, AZ (Sawyer)
- February 20-21: Attending Cal-Lab Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL (Kajita/Sawyer)
- February 21-22: Exhibiting American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics in Chicago, IL (Sawyer)
- February 22-23: Attending LMT Lab Day in Chicago, IL (Kajita/Shimada)
- March 18-21: Attending AO (Academy of Osseointegration) in Seattle, WA (Kajita)
- June 12-14: Attending Quintessence ISC in San Diego, CA (Kaku/Sawyer)
- August 6-8: Attending American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry in Bahama (Sawyer)
- September 25-26: Attending SCAD 2020 in Newport Beach, CA (Sawyer)
- November 4-7: Attending American College of Prosthodontists (ACP) in New Orleans, LA (Sawyer)